Summer days grow shorter, but the list of events in Hudson only grows longer in August. It’s a wonderful time to get out and explore the Hudson Valley and experience its greatness.
Your friends here at Mount Merino Manor have put together a list of Hudson events in August from your favorite bed and breakfast!
There are more than it’s possible to list, but here’s a start.
- Aug. 1-31
- Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
- Garrison, NY
- Arrive a few hours early and enjoy a picnic meal on the grounds of the estate. This festival has been around for 25 years, and has produced critically acclaimed shows that “challenge, inspire and demystify the great works of William Shakespeare.” Click here to find out more and order your tickets.
- Aug. 2-11
- Kingston Film Festival
- The Kingston Film Festival celebrates the art and entertainment of film in all its forms. It aims to present a wide spectrum of filmmaking through screenings and associated events.
- Aug. 3-4
- Putnam County Wine and Food Fest
- This two-day event showcases New York’s most renowned wine producers, with a beer garden, food, arts and crafts, flea market, fresh produce and local artists. It’s on the grounds of the Patterson Flea Market, so don’t forget to bring your chairs and a blanket.
- Aug. 5
- Hudson Valley Bounty “Taste of” Dinner
- Columbia County Fairgrounds
- This event returns to the fairgrounds to continue to raise funds for the Hudson Valley Bounty. Thirteen restaurants, farms and food makers will be honored. It runs from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Aug. 8-11
- Hudson Valley Jazz Festival
- This festival features Grammy winning and local artists over four days in August. Now in its fourth year, the event has a clear mission to celebrate the talent of the Hudson Valley. This summer will also mark the debut of the Hudson Valley Jazz Festival Workshop, which will run Aug. 5-11. Bob Rosen, a veteran musician and educator, will direct the workshop.
- Aug. 9-11
- Hudson Music Fest
- This 3-day music celebration offers free music throughout Hudson. Now in its third year, the festival will showcase some of the best artists from around the region and beyond, and from all genres. The estimated attendance last year over the weekend was 10,000 people!
- Aug. 10-11
- Hudson Valley August Sangria Festival
- Benmarl Winery
- Admission for this event is $20, and includes a souvenir wine glass, vineyard and cellar tours, live music, flamenco dancers and samples of fresh sangria and award-winning wines.
- Aug. 10-11
- German Alps Festival
- Hunter Mountain
- This festival is said to bring smiles to the faces of all German-Americans and everyone else who attends. There will be great German-American food, Schuhplatter dancers and new entertainers. Polka Mass will be on Sunday at 11 a.m.
- Aug. 16-18
- Hudson Valley Rib Fest
- The event will kick off with a country concert featuring Phil Vassar, Chris Janson, and Samantha Landrum. Then comes the barbeque! Last year, 50 teams fired up their cookers and the crowd grew to over 16,000. Their goal this year is for 50 teams to put their barbeque skills to the test for bragging rights and prize money. Here’s a list of vendors.
- Aug. 28-Sept. 2
- Columbia County Fair
- Chatham, NY
- Joe Nichols will make his way to the 173rd annual Columbia County Fair, along with a professional magician, comedian, hypnotist, and others! There will be a Cupcake War and Demolition Derby. Click here to learn more.
Photo courtesy of: wickenden